43X, 48, or 19

Because you haven’t shot Glock 49 yet :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
:crazy_face:
I’ve read so many positives about G48… I have to try it.
The other thing is that this one may don’t have 10 rd limitation anymore.
One of the students I shot with had G43X with flush fit mag holding 15 rds… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

My only real issue with it is I want magazine comparability, and I want the same grip as I have with the 19x.

I’ve picked the 43x up and liked it a lot before. I think they skimped out on the finish of the slide, but it’s also usually $100 less that the other gen 5 Glocks.

2 Likes

What I’d really like to see is Shield arms upgrade the g43 mag. When they do that, I may consider picking a g43 up. The rumor has been going around for awhile now.

1 Like

I watched an overview of this gun. Is the trigger on par with the Gen 5s, is the finish holding up, and is the grip texture less aggressive than the gen 5?

1 Like

The trigger is a little heavier than the full-size pistols.

The finish is holding up phenomenally and the grip texture is slightly less aggressive than its full size counterparts in my assessment.

2 Likes

I’m planning on picking up another glock sometime this year. I think I’m leaning between a G45 or a G19 gen 5. The 43x and 48 are intriguing to me. Im assuming you’re using the shield arm mags? I’m kind of iffy on the shield arm mags even though I’ve heard nothing but good about them. I like and trust glock mags.

1 Like

Actually I’m running factory 10rd magazines. I have seen and heard too many reviews where the shield arms mags are not reliable enough for me personally to trust my life to them. I would like to test a couple but they are a little pricey for me to test if they work or not.

Anyone want to donate a couple for testing let me know lol.

3 Likes

G45, it’s basically your 19X with some minor differences. I would go G30S or G36 just to liven the group😉

1 Like

As boring as it sounds, I like the idea of having two of the same carry guns :sweat_smile:.

Though a 45 glock is tempting for some reason (until I think of the ammo price :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Pfff, all ammo is still overpriced so that cannot be a decision making factor. I looked at Staccatos today, I wasn’t worried about the price per round🤣

3 Likes

Get one and save money on ammo. With Staccato you don’t need to spend any more penny. You just keep them home and pet them. :joy:

3 Likes

I’ve got a student who has been using Shield Arms G15 mag and their mag release button with his G43X for every class.
So far I haven’t notice single malfunction of his firearm.

2 Likes

This has been the biggest shield arms error I’ve seen. They keep the Glock release while running the steel mag. There are some very angry people on the internet that did not do great research :joy:.

Still don’t blame wolf man. One big reason to buy Glock is trusting the stock product.

2 Likes

That’s the true.
For me, as a Glock “antagonist”… G48 is the only one I’m able to hit anything from 20 feet. :joy:
That is the reason I’ve been carefully watching my student with G48 and his new setup. :grinning:
15 rds is always better that 10 rds. :wink:

2 Likes

15rds is always better than 10rds if it is absolutely reliable without question. Which like I said I have watched many reviews on the YouTube and they have been hit and miss. If the G48 appeals to you then either mag will be sufficient.

It’s funny how some complain about a Glock with “ONLY” a 10rd capacity but will strap on a 7 or 8rd 1911 and feel perfectly armed.

If you have come to the conclusion that the shield arms mags are good to go let me know how they work out for you.

I have 2 new AR projects I’m working on, wife got me a DD MK18 for Christmas and I’m building a modernized MK 18 from select parts.

3 Likes

:ok_hand: :sweat_smile:
You are right about it.
I like 10 rds magazines - sometimes these make me feel comfortable driving via Cook County and Chicago. :wink:
I’m 9mm guy, so my 1911/2011s are either 16 or 10.

I’m not sure if you get any reviews from me. For now I’m looking for Glock to attend GSSF matches, but I’m not going to buy it. I will rent it only. :no_mouth:

1 Like

How does it carry compared to a 19?

My problem with the 43x and 48 is the grip is the same length as a 19. The grip is the hardest part to conceal. Though many people were disappointed with the 43x 48 at launch because it was a big Gun, it does seem to be a good balance of concealable and shootable. If it’s not more comfortable to carry than a 19, the 19 would be a much better buy in my opinion.

1 Like

If Shield arms made a higher capacity mag for the standard g43, I would probably pick one up.

1 Like

The 43x and 48 are FARRR more comfortable to carry in my opinion. The grip is the same length but what is often overlooked is thickness. I can tell there is a significant difference in carry between the two on the thickness alone.

I carry my customized G19 once or twice a month but I carry my 48 or "mini Roland special " 43x comped the rest of the time.

3 Likes

I’ve owned and carried a 19 for almost 10 years, before I switched to a Glock 30 because of the increased firepower (more damage, fewer shots?). Bought a 43X about 4 months ago and fell in love with it. I live in AZ, and the 19 and 30 always present an issue during the “hot” weather from April through November. The 43 fits my hand better. I’m not sophisticated t be able to notice differences in trigger pull, so to me the 43 shoots as well as the 19. I really feel it comes down to which pistol you feel fits your needs and comfort level.

4 Likes