43X, 48, or 19

Don’t think you can go wrong with either choice. Despite my lack of practice I am fairly capable with my G19 out to 25 yards or so and accurate enough out to 50 to make someone think twice about threatening me from that far away. But I do have upgraded sights.

1 Like

I should add that the recoil pulse and recoil control of the 19X is phenomenal. It really is as good as everyone claims it to be.

2 Likes

The dry fire will get you use to not expecting the recoil, and with me it also helps with keep eye on target while racking the handgun also. I started with the glock so probably easier to get use to it. I was going left also but mine grip so replace back strap with bigger one.

2 Likes

Thanks Chris. I’m shooting the Glock much better than when I first got it. I do want to change the sights just so I can move to the sight picture I’m used to, and then I want to get my longer distance accuracy down more before I carry it.

The 19X is an awesome gun though. The recoil impulse is better than my M&P9. The only differences is I can hit targets 17 yards out with the M&P but the Glock needs some more work. I am shooting it much better than before though. It will take some adjusting to get used to. If I can start getting shots at longer distances, I will switch to the Glock for EDC.

If ammo wasn’t rare and expensive, I’d switch to the Glock for EDC right now. Before the ammo crisis, I was shooting every week.

4 Likes

Carried the 19x for the first time today. It is surprisingly more comfortable to carry than my m&p9 4.25”. That .25” makes a big difference for me. The texture of the gun is also far less aggressive than my M&P so if I’m going on short trips I can skip the undershirt. I get an easier carry while still keeping my 18 rounds.

4 Likes

Have you practiced draw stroke yet? Is it better? What about accuracy?

1 Like

Comfort is important. Also @Scoutbob what position are you carrying? I found the bit of extra grip frame a problem.

1 Like

I carry appendix. There’s no way I would be able to carry it any other way. The full grip works fine with my build. I could see why people say the 19 is the Goldilocks zone. I’m not going to complain about the two extra rounds though.

2 Likes

Draw stroke is not a problem. I do need more reps to work with the new grip angle. But the difference is minor.

Accuracy is getting better. I went to the range today since making the switch. The accuracy is not wear I was with M&P because of the trigger and grip angle, BUT it’s coming along well. I determined that the accuracy issues I had before was definitely me. I took @Chris.W advice and put the medium grip on the gun and that helped. My accuracy with the gun is definitely sufficient for carry, but I want to get better of course. That will simply take more time with the gun. I think the 19x might be a better point shooter for me. I am not as accurate with the 19x slow fire bullseye shooting at long distances (17 yards), but I can pick the gun up and get multiple shots on target in a decent self defense group quickly.

Lots of dry fire down the road. I actually like this trigger more than M&P. It will just take more time to master it. I have thousands of rounds down range with M&P and only hundreds with the Glock, so it will just take some time. I will use whichever tool I feel is best. If I carry this for a couple months and decide to the M&P is better I’ll switch back. I

3 Likes

I’m glad you are working on it.
Regarding the bad trigger… Apex Flat trigger would be good solution for you.
But in such case, you would never tried G19x :wink:

2 Likes

If I stick with the g19x, I’ll be more open to doing modifications on my M&P. I’m just ocd about modifying a gun I carry. I’ve seen some bad mishaps from modified guns online… granted they were often unwise upgrades involving removing the firing pin block :joy:.

2 Likes

Yeah… removing FP block or using rubber band to disengage grip safety… this are not modification of the firearm… these are modification of shooter’s brain. :man_facepalming:

APEX can be treated as valuable upgrade, not modification - you can still keep factory specs using Apex’s parts.
You will be provided with sheet how to replace parts without losing S&W factory specification.
For APEX trigger only (not kit) - you do not change anything, but trigger’s shape so it is like changing the sights.

Anyway - good luck with G19x - looks this one may work fine for you. :+1:

2 Likes

I’m actually quite happy with my old, well broken in gen3 stock Glock trigger. And the gen5 triggers I have tried are pretty darn good before break in. They are not target triggers and I’m sure the Apex kits are a noticeable step up, but they are a lot better than a lot of other stock triggers I have tried.

3 Likes

Amen. Louder for the kids in the back pew.

2 Likes

Bought an HK, didn’t need to add or replace anything and never will.

2 Likes

Go to a range where you can rent each of them. Shoot a bunch of rounds, see how they feel. I have a 19 G5 as my “main” (and very 1st) handgun - it’s great and I can shoot it well. But am looking for something “smaller” for EDCC - leaning toward 43x - but I need to rent and shoot several different before I buy. I’ll likely find something in the Glock family because it’s familiar.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @William849

1 Like

Welcome to the family brother @William849 and you are blessed to be here.

Still with the 19x and loving it :+1::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Almost 5,000 rds on my Glock 48 with Holosun 507k. I absolutely love the accuracy, shootability, and concealment of this pistol. It is hard for me to find anything that compares to it.

3 Likes