380 or 22

I am not familiar – could you explain what Evans and Mashall refers to?

3 Likes

Evans and Marshall were two law enforcement officers
That studied shootings in the late 70’s and 1980’s. They documented shootings from hospital er and law enforcement data when the caliber and ammo were known. It is very old-school, but they were the definitive database for quite some time.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Need to correct, Evan Marshall and Edwin Sanow… sorry, may not remember names but did remember the information!

6 Likes

Can you provide a link, all I can find is something about one Evan Marshall, and a forum he hosts, but little else.

3 Likes

Ignore my other reply, this resolved that issue.

4 Likes

Trying different pistols is a great idea.
The question that begs to be asked is, which pistol can she put all her rounds on target shooting rapid fire?
Admittedly these are marginal calibers by todays standard, and multiple hits (mag dumps, though I hate to use the term) should figure in to her training.

2 Likes

With that, you made me think of the KelTek 33. It also brought to mind a saying ascribed to the Russian leadership, “Quantity has a quality all its own.”

For those not familiar, the KelTek 33, it is a 22lr pistol with 33 round magazines. Beyond that, I only know what the reviews say, I have not shot or even held, one.

3 Likes

Hi Corey,
I have ruger 380 LCP …great cc firearm almost no kick. To help with racking slide recommend arachnid spider grip for slide…check out the well armed woman site…twaw…welcome to group… God bless

3 Likes