2A win kinda

so what will this mean when the clown show congress comes out with all of their anti gun bs

6 Likes

No kinda. Huge win

4 Likes

I said kinda because of the gun bill they are pushing through right now. what will happen to it then. don’t get me wrong I realized it was a big 2A win. but, we all know how they play the game

5 Likes

"From the ruling, “…to justify [a] regulation, the government may not simply posit that the regulation promotes an important interest. Rather, the government must demonstrate that the regulation is consistent with this Nation’s historical tradition of firearm regulation.”

This new “historical tradition” standard will jeopardize almost all of California’s gun control laws, Winkler believes.

…California has red flag laws, but under the ‘historical tradition’ test, red flag laws should be unconstitutional," he said. “There’s no history of taking away guns from people in crisis as red flags do. Bans on high capacity magazines and assault weapons are also likely to be struck down, and then there’s California’s 10-day waiting period. There’s no history of that. The court says only those regulations consistent with historical regulations are permissible. California has innovative laws that restrict guns in ways that are not historically common.”

I would say a major win for the people who believe in the widest read of the 2nd. It not what I would have wanted, I have a Breyer read of the 2nd, but that is a minority view.

3 Likes

Let’s not forget reciprocity.

2 Likes

that would have been a good thing if they had ruled on that
I see were the D are already planning on force feeding us on weapon bans and mag limits this morning

2 Likes