2A Video Games - Will They Help?

Branching off of Video Games for Training?, there’s a new blog post that you all might find interesting.

Do you think video games supporting the Second Amendment will help?

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends on the game

0 voters

Would you play 2A Video Games?

2 Likes

Any and all platforms could help to educate the young minds in truth. I’m convinced I will be hundreds of thousands of dollars accumulating more debt to ensure mine avoids false teachings in school and thus spoiling minds at such a young age.

They’re are using PBS on little kids to twist the Second Amendment to push the false narrative of the intentions of our forefathers.

2 Likes

I voted yes. But in reality it’s really going to depend on how things are approached. I enjoy both guns and video games, in fact, if anyone plays Call of Duty: Mobile you will find me as Plagueshadow. That, or some variation of it is my gamer tag for most games.

2 Likes

i grew up on Call of Duty and it gave me weapons knowledge :rofl::rofl:

Although, the game I’m afraid of were those such as Grand Theft Auto, I was playing that at like eight years old when Grand Theft Auto III came out. I can still remember much of that game proving it was sowed into my mind.

Well, my favorite zombie gun was using the Colt Python in Resident Evil. I voted Depends on the game.

1 Like

This topic is in play on members platform as well. Will say here what I said there. Facebook is last generations social media platform. If you want to catch today’s youth you will need to sponsor some pro level players who stream on Twitch or Mixer. Better sponsor a team that will stream some of their practices and discuss guns and 2A intelligently. Call of Duty or Battlefield would be good games to look at for pro level e-gamers.

Also running a stream where women are involved will get you more eyes and ears. Sounds sexist. Sorry but that’s the reality of getting eyes and ears on streams, especially if you are espousing an agenda.

I think a first person shooter set in the times of the Revolutionary War, where you watch as different historical figures discuss the Constitution and why each part of it exists as cut scenes in between you being a Minuteman engaged in asymmetrical warfare would be a game I would play.

2 Likes

I’ll do you one better than just sponsoring a team. Coach one. Hook up with your local 4H or other firearms affiliate and volunteer. Today, will be the first 4H rifle practice where I live, with me at the helm. I have a whole little speech using positive examples of how rifles are used. Including one that shocked me. Southern Illinois University (SIU) has a rifle team. The rifle team, and medical program have teamed up. The rifle team will shoot dead pigs, that died of disease or old age and cannot be sold as food, and the med students will then remove the bullets. It’s to work in trauma and surgery techniques. How cool is that.?

4 Likes

I grew up with pong! That might date me a little. I always liked the weaponry in DOOM. The original, not the new stuff that’s out.

2 Likes

I voted yes, and I would play. Not so much these days, but with my kids I did especially Halo. As my grandkids get older I’m sure I’ll be playing games with them, for now it’s just about every Fisher Price app on our iPads, no console games yet.

My kids now grown up turned out ok, the boys all own. My daughters don’t own or carry but do support the 2A.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:

I know what Pong was! It was on the ORIGINAL SEGA! However, you will need to tell me about “DOOM”

1 Like

I used to play with my kids on our Gateway 2000 running windows 3.1 under MSDOS. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_(1993_video_game)
Here’s the Pong I had back in the 70s.

3 Likes

My kids would never understand the thrill of these or the coleco hand held LED games

3 Likes

Doom was one of the OG first person shooter style games, prior to that it was a WWII based themed game called Castle Wolfenstein

2 Likes

Wow!! Crazy, talk about old-school!

If this does come to Facebook. I guess that I’ll have to try to open another Facebook account. My last 2 accounts were disabled for some unknown reason. And there is no way to find out from Facebook. no phone number or online to contact them to find out and try to fix it. I’d just like to know when it is working so that I can look into it. And see what it’s like.

1 Like

Bill Whittle talks about this a lot. In almost every game ever, you do two things: Make money, and buy weapons. By their nature, games are extremely conservative, and while Bill Whittle says he almost never meets someone who is openly Progressive, in my limited experience (I do play mostly offline), I meet large numbers of vocal Leftists, and almost no conservatives.

Most games I play feature guns prominently, so yeah, I guess I would be willing to play pro 2A games. It’s nice to play games that don’t force feed Leftism the whole time. I just doubt their effectiveness.

2 Likes