2020 NRA Board of Director Nominees

I received my ballot for the 2020 BOD and don’t recognize any of the names. In the past I’d see at least 4-5 I knew, but this year I don’t know any of them. Any recommendations from anyone who knows any of these nominees or are they just all plants by “he who shall not be named?”

2 Likes

I’m totally no help on this one. Maybe @45IPAC?

I know don’t vote for Marion Hammers. She is willing to sell our rights out to the highest bidder.

If Pete Brownell is on there, he’s a big Pro 2A guy. I see what others I can find out.

3 Likes

I will second Pete Brownell as a good choice. Art Wheaton was always a good choice but I have not seen his name on the list yet.

2 Likes

Well I’m looking at the ballot I received in today’s US Mail because my ballot was not in the Rifleman Magazine; there’s no Brownell and nobody named Wheaton but there is Mark Robinson who we know is a very outspoken gun rights advocate and a true Second Amendment supporter.

3 Likes

Check out Save The Second https://www.savethe2a.org/

Rob Pincus is associated with them and they are trying to reform the NRA through some by law changes, one which is passed now which requires board members to actually attend the meetings.

Me and my wife both bullet voted for Frank Tait

Save the Second has a video going over the canadates

3 Likes

If you follow Jeff Knox, here is his article on it.
https://www.ammoland.com/2020/02/2020-nra-bod-election-jeff-knox-lists-his-picks-for-votes-no-votes/

2 Likes

I do not understand this years NRA BOARD OF DIRECTORS ballot.
I’m looking at the one displayed above and I look at my ballot and many of the names on the display ballot are not on my ballot. I’m not quite understanding? Is the ballot regional because there’s a lot of different states represented in my ballot.

1 Like

there are 5 versions of the ballot that get mailed out with the candidates in different orders

3 Likes

@BJP Wow, I never knew that, Thank You Sir!

2 Likes

That was the issue I was having @Robert8 !!

I didn’t see him or any of the other names I normally recognize on there. I was wondering if they had all resigned in protest of Wayne or something…

2 Likes

I didn’t see Rob’s name on my (he’s another one I looked for).

2 Likes

@JamesR Jim, if you’re interested and only if you’re interested you can flip the ballot over and do a Write In Vote Sir
I didn’t see Uncle Ted Nugent this year also.
Well I’m going to say again (I don’t want to bore anyone) in our community but I have called Wayne La Pierre 4 times now but he won’t even pick up.
Excuses are: Unavailable, In a meeting, Out of the office, His line is currently busy. I take it as a general screw-you. Because they don’t offer to ever take a message.

3 Likes

Uncle Ted was on last years ballot.

3 Likes

@BJP Yes and the previous year as well.

2 Likes

Very good point. Bullet voting for some new blood in the NRA BoD is a start in the right direction. Some of the ideas from Jeff Knox are interesting also.
I have been an NRA Life member for many years and still support the idea of the NRA along with like minded organizations. However, there needs to be complete transparency and accountability to the membership if they expect continued support.

2 Likes