17-Year-Old Brings Pellet Gun to School

I don’t think he was going to be graduating in regardless.

1 Like

UGH! This happened in Wisconsin… :frowning:

The 17-year-old is now facing charges of carrying a dangerous weapon on school property. The teen said he brought the pellet gun to school because he thought it would be funny.

How did he think that? :woman_facepalming: My kids may have thought it, but they would have known better…

1 Like

Thinking was definitely not involved.

4 Likes

Demonstration of the observation male children’s brains are not fully developed until their mid-twenties.
Sadly it also appears he bought it with discretionary funds and without a parent knowing. If otherwise, the parent shares responsibility for their child’s actions and lack of education regarding all things ‘gun.’

I guess it says we’ve had at least couple of generations of kids grow up without any experience with firearms and all. Now, as parents, they don’t even think of the topic as a necessary part of childhood education. Thus kids like this think such things are ‘funny’…

4 Likes

Dumba**. That’s all I can say.

3 Likes

I have no words to describe this level of stupidity.

2 Likes

Gotta agree with that. Does anyone else notice that it always seems to be males doing mindless things?

1 Like

My sister actually did this back when she was in high school in the 90’s. Yep, she got expelled.

1 Like

Kids do lots of stupid things but this is really pushing for the top.

Parents whether you educate and familiarize you kids on/with guns they will at some point probably handle them.

Self education with respect to firearms generally doesn’t work out too well.

He’s lucky he didn’t get himself shot.

2 Likes

Let’s just say that young man is not the sharpest knife in the drawer and he may have some very severe long term issues as he passes into adulthood. I would expect that he will be prosecuted as an adult.

1 Like

The only problem I see here is, the judge will most likely throw the book at him for what he thought would be funny (it was not and the kid is stupid in my book) but the next case where a criminal actually shot someone will get off with a light sentence.

Tell me I am wrong PLEASE.

3 Likes

Most school districts will have a suspension policy for firearms, including pellet, bb, and even toy guns. Our environment is supercharged to react to these situations si he can expect the max allowed by school policy.

We make it very clear what will happen to students if they bring firearms on campus but someone always manages to bring one anyway.

A previous comment pointed out the fact that young brains are not fully developed until around the age of 25. This is a fact! That’s why instruction and frequent reminders of the rules and consequences are a must both at home and in school. I’ve seen a number if young lives messed up just because someone was trying to be cool

3 Likes

Sigh, Forest was right… Still I remember in High School every pickup had a rifle rack in the window and most had a rifle there. Parking lot was full of them. My best friend and I would go to my car after school got out, go back into school with our huntin’ clothes, change, then back to the car, get our shotguns and walk across the street to this high cornfield and hunt, leaving the car in the lot at school. Nobody ever thought anything about it. Today we’d be expelled and probably go to jail☹️

3 Likes