137 Shots- Netflix Documentary

Recommend this documentary if you can watch it. It’s an hour and 40 minutes long.

Seen “137 Shots” on Netflix yet?

2 Likes

There is a strong camaraderie within the police department. It is referred to as the blue wall and yes it does exist. All those officers that took the fifth were instructed to do so. IMHO that high speed chase should have been terminated. There were plenty of times out there on patrol where we had chases and 911 dispatch had us terminate the chase. At the velocity that those police cars were traveling if one lost control it would have been tragic. Also tactically I’m surprised the officers weren’t hit by friendly fire. If the officer feared for his life he should’ve stayed behind cover. I’m sure a lot of those officers had an adrenaline rush going through their bodies and once that starts it’s hard to stop. The other officers that shot and killed the 12 year old kid was probably a lack of training or maybe the darkness of the scene. They probably couldn’t tell he was a kid. I won’t make any excuses for the LEOs in any of these cases. I’m glad I retired and don’t have to deal with that anymore. But I did enjoy the documentary.

2 Likes

I don’t do netflix so all I saw was the one minute promo.

As horrific as this sounded, I have to believe it is the exception rather than the rule.

2 Likes